Print this page

What If My Child Needs Extra Help In School?

Local authorities and schools can access money from the Ethnic Minority Achievement Grant to target additional support for minority ethnic groups that are underachieving. It can be used to provide help for pupils for whom English is an additional language and those who are newly arrived such as asylum seekers and refugees.

Children may also be given one-to-one help with literacy or numeracy or they may be taught in small groups.